What are you trying to find???

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Baby Space Update

Yes, I let him use power tools.
I originally posted THIS LIST on my other blog... it was our to do list for Baby P's room.
Since that was posted about a month and a half ago the list has been expanded considerably to contain more details, but also quite a few things have been crossed off.
So I thought (maybe just for my own encouragement) I would share with you what the list looks like now. Document the progress. Comments in italics.

Baby Space To Do List:
1. Clean out basement to make space for 'guest bedroom' Can I get double points for this since it technically happened twice seeing as how we had to reclean and rearrange everything after we got water in the basement?
2. Move guest bed to basement
3. Remove all clothes and items from guest bedroom closet and dresser
4. Sand and paint all furniture for nursery. See this post!
5. Purchase and install new fan (with dimmer switch!) Post coming soon!
6. Line all drawers Thinking about using this method...
7. Assemble Crib (delivery 9/16)
8. Build more shelving in nursery closet Post coming soon!
9. Paint closet shelving
10. Paint nursery and closet
11. Select and purchase rug for nursery
12. Select and purchase rocker/glider/chair for nursery See this post and this post which both have info about buying our chair.
13. Select and purchase fabric/linens for nursery
14. Purchase and install new mini blinds
15. Sew curtains for window You thought these would be done by now... yeah, meee tooooooo. Post coming soon, fingers crossed!
16. Sew bedding, bed skirt, throw pillows
17. Select fabric and sew baby quilt
18. Purchase laundry Basket and sew liner
19. Purchase and install changing pad, sew cover
20. Purchase supplies and make mobile (with Joy) We bought supplies. Half a star for us
21. Purchase frames/prints for wall art I have some prints...
22. Recover lampshade Oh, I can't wait for you to see this lamp!
23. Hang all pictures/artwork/shelving, Move in all clothing and care items, put all toys and other personal items in place.
24. Show Baby P his new room! You know, in DECEMBER when he finally gets here.

See? Progress. Lots of work to be done, but lots of work already done. And I will have lots to share with you as soon as I can conquer these 15 minute curtains that are taking me 2 weeks.

5 comments:

  1. I'm excited for the new lamp too! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. coming right along! can't wait to see the finished product.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you definitely get double points. It's so fun to see your progress! Can't wait for #24:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing an AMAZING job! I can't wait to see the progress!

    ReplyDelete