When we bought our new bedroom set after we got married, we decided not to spring the extra $150 for the matching night stand. Would have been nice... but Z kinda had that money earmarked for a new Wii... soooo... we did without. We actually had been using an wooden tv tray for the alarm clock and what not that goes on a nightstand while I tried to find a better alternative.
Enter craigslist... where I found THIS charming little thing for $20.
OK, so I got out my husbands little 'mouse' sander and sanded away. I used a paint/varnish stripper on the trim/detailing. All those little grooves were a pain in my bum! Here it is naked:
And then I put on 3 coats of walnut stain/varnish, (sanding between each coat, what a pain...) and glued and nailed the whole thing back together to sturdiness again! And we changed that yucky pull to a much prettier brushed nickle that matches out bedroom set... and...
SO. MUCH. BETTER.
Now, it was my first time refinishing something... so i am sure you can pick out the blemishes if you wanna try real hard... you can find plenty of stuff like this:
But that's only if you are trying to find fault, because for the most part it looks great! I am pleased!
Now all that's left to do is put is in place... so it can replace this mess: (honestly this is the reason I try to stay away from that side of the room, it is scary and kinda gross. I need to teach Z about trashcans and stacking things. anywho...)