What are you trying to find???

Friday, February 10, 2012

My Favorite Things: Etsy and Handmade Baby

This installment of "My Favorite Things" is all about some sweet baby stuff gifted to us and/or discovered on one of my favorite sites: Etsy.  There's something irresistible about lovely handmade or handpicked vintage gifts. Here are a few I am in love with and think you should know about:
1. One day, shortly after baby boy was born, I found a lovely little package in my mailbox. It was wrapped in brown paper and tied up with string... which made sing a certain song from my favorite musical for the rest of the day. It was from Schatzli a sweet little vintage shop my friend started on Etsy. She has vintage jewelry, fabric, clothes, patterns, and more. She gave Sam that adorable vintage baby boy train shirt. I think the vintage baby clothes in her shop are my fav-- so many cute unique items.

2. This adorable puppy mini-bot came from RemnantsbyRJ. She makes 'robots' out of recycled and rescued objects. One of the things I find most charming about her bots is she writes a story for each of them, so you can know a little bit about their personality and interests when you rescue one. (She also has some pretty cool steampunk jewelry in her shop!)

3. These blocks came from Little Sapling Toys.  They make really amazing organic wood toys, blocks, and teethers. I love the natural and modern look of the toys... and I love that just about everything in the shop can be personalized. I especially think these blocks are cool because they have an uppercase letter on one side and an ASL hand on the opposite side.

4. This last thing was technically not found on etsy... but it's a pattern for Big Butt Baby Pants. This pattern from Made By Rae is designed with extra room in the tush specifically for cloth-diapered babies. You know how their bums are extra big and fluffy, right? Well, here are pants made to fit that. But the pattern is beyond simple to sew-- would be a great first sewing project for someone-- and comes with sizes newborn-2T, customizable options for boys and girls. I played around with the pattern and created a fun pair of cords for Sam that I can't wait to share with you soon!

What about you-- what are some of your favorite vintage and handmade finds? Any I should know about?

2 comments:

  1. AW! Yay. I do love that train shirt. And the bot is amazing!! :-) Have you started cloth diapering?? Just curious ... (And I still want to come visit and meet your sweet new boy.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We are cloth diapering now! Took us a while to get there, but it is... a lot easier than I thought it would be? I am loving it. Sam seems pretty comfy with it too.

      Delete