What are you trying to find???

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Covered

LOOK what came in the mail yesterday...
 YES! Diapers! I ordered just two, to see how I liked them, as I haven't been able to find a local store that carries them. It soooo different looking at a picture online and actually holding a product in your hand. And from the cloth diapers I have been able to do 'hold in my hand' style research on... WOW, these things are like the Cadillac of diapers. They are the BumGenius Elemental AIO organic diaper. They are FANCY.
 This inside part is super thick... and oh, my so soft! I just kept squishing it and touching it. I'm not gonna lie, I wouldn't mind underpants made out of that soft stuff... I mean, if something is going to be touching your bum, it might as well feel, good right?
Oh, and here's the best part. Never diapered a child before? The packaging had super helpful instructions:
 Har har. Definitely filing this for future use. My Husband especially was pleased with the detailed instructions.
Anywho... I had to try them out, but have no test child. So Martin (who was our lovely carseat guinea pig/model) volunteered his bum.


 They go on basically just like a disposable would, only you have snaps instead of tape/velcro closures. They come off similarly as well, only coming off you have an extra step... dealing with the poo. We'll get into that issue at a later date, but for today...
 TA-DAH! Doesn't Martin look great in his fancy cloth diaper?
I know that... Martin is only a stuffed bear, but I liked that the diapers fit snugly around even his tiny shape. The leg openings were a bit big, but this well-loved bear's legs are barely holding on by a thread anyhow, so I think it will make a difference when there is an ACTUAL CHILD in them.
Martin also likes that he has color options and an adorably fluffy bum. (He's a vain bear)
Okay, enough with the bear, I know I'm a dork. And WAY more excited than I should be about diapers. But I have high hopes and good expectations for our cloth diapering experience. I've got the husband on board now, and he seemed impressed with the diapers when he checked things out last night. The worst thing about these specific diapers is the price tag... which is why I really wanted to see them before investing in a full set. But I am impressed with the quality (and softness!), and I feel confident about the decision to go this route.
We put all our cloth diapering needs on our Amazon.com Baby Registry and we are crossing our fingers and toes that our friends and family see that on there and might help us put a dent in that necessary expense (even thought diapers seem like a less 'fun' gift to give someone.)
Just a few more months and we will give these things a spin for real... Woo-hoo!

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you! I totally understand getting excited about diapers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I totally diapered a stuffed lion before Ethan was born. :) Hooray that your husband is on board too! I can't wait for you to have a real baby to put in those diaps!

    ReplyDelete