What are you trying to find???

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Off to Korea

I made this hat over a month ago. Our friends M&E are having a baby girl in just a few short months... and we could not be more excited for them. We cannot wait to meet their precious little girl...
but wait we must. She will be born in Korea, where our friends are currently living, and since our budget doesn't have a 'friendly visit to Korea' overflow... we will have to wait until their sweet little family returns to the states to meet her. When that will be-- no one knows for sure.
I had great plans. I was making her this fun hat. I also had some lovely fabric picked out and had a little dress and some fancy burp cloths in the works... and then I got pregnant and spent my evenings puking, not sewing... and the best laid plans... well... it just didn't happen.
I DID finish one of the projects for her though, and so it will very soon be on it's way to Korea... but i had to show you my handywork first!
This is the first thing I have ever crocheted that was not a scarf, blanket, or otherwise similarly rectangularly shaped. I used this pattern from Aesthetic Nest, and though it is not perfection... I think it is cute. I really like the soft snuggly looking cotton and the peachy pink color. I added a pom-pom to the middle of the flower from the pattern... just to add more texture and color.
I think it turned out sweet, and I hope M&E and their little baby girl love it... and know that it comes with lots and lots of love from Kansas... all the way on the other side of the world! :)

2 comments:

  1. pretty! :-) can't wait to meet her either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute! I love the flower. Way to knit your first non-rectangle! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete