What are you trying to find???

Monday, June 10, 2013

Family of Four in a New House

That would be my family of four.
In front of our new house.
Yes, this is an annoucement.
Two, actually.

I am sure you guessed from my absence on the blog that I was either dead, lazy, or pregnant. If you guessed the last, you were right!
10 points.
If you guessed the second... well... you are mostly right too.
Oh who am I kidding, all those who voted lazy get 10 points too.
If you follow me on pinterest (which you totally should because I pin awesome stuff) you may have even guessed that we bought a house... or at least that we were in the market for it. And you would be right too.
So 10 points for you.
And you know what? Just... 10 points to anyone who cared enough to spend their time wondering why I blog so infrequently. Because sometimes there is a reason, but usually that reason is I am a little neurotic and spastic. But nevertheless I appreciate that you wasted your time pondering my whereabouts.

Anyway.
I AM pregnant!
We DID buy a house!
I've been sick like whoa and overwhelmed with this whirlwind real estate thing and preparing to move.
But the house is incredible and the timing, though chaotic, is pretty great as well. There are so many moving parts that just seem to be falling into place and we feel blessed and elated and so RIGHT about this whole thing.
The house is like 6 years old, but never been lived in. It's really bright and spacious and in a nice, young neighborhood in the town I grew up in. (Which just makes the whole thing so much cozier!) We've got friends around the block, and family just a mile away. A great yard, and lots of space to grow into as our kiddos (and family!) get bigger!

The kitchen is great and look at that dining room... all the windows and pretty warm wood tones make me happy.
We are most pleased that this little guy loves the new house too. Here he is looking out his second story window. There are 'doggies' and other 'babies' in the neighborhood that he is so excited about. The first time we saw the house, Sam laid down on the carpet right in the middle of the living room, put his hands behind his head and sighed contentedly. I am not even kidding. It was hilarious and awesome, and just confirmed that, yes, we all felt right in this house.

The rooms are all spacious and lovely, the closets generous. The laundry on the same floor as the bedrooms, and check this out:
That's a jacuzzi tub in my master bath. (it's okay if you want to sigh, I do whenever I look at it.)
I am SO EXCITED about this awesome new dream house we will be moving into very very soon. (Can ya tell???) Of course I'll share updates as we move and get settled, and I have great plans for some exciting new decor on the cheap and some DIY stuff thats going to make our dream home even more awesome. I can't wait to show you.
But patience.
(That was for me, not you. But you can be patient too.)
I should go work on a little packing. Goodbye for now, pretty house. We'll be moving in soon!

Goodbye for now, sweet friends and readers. Be back to update you soon!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome.....on ALL counts! So excited for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous and happy for you!! It looks amazing. :-)

    Congrats on both counts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! So exciting! It looks fantastic. I hope you're starting to feel better... what's your due date?

    ReplyDelete